Monday, January 16, 2006

Talking Tools


I read this article today and it reminded me of this sordid little tale, from my wanton youth, related at the end of this article. Kids...you don't want to grow up into someone like me.

Talking Head Vibrators
Sex toys with microsized, close-up lens cameras attached are disturbing enough, but what are we to make of a multispeed vibrator with a recording device which allows you to “record your own voice, your lover’s or download voices from anonymous strangers to fulfill your most lustful ambitions”? Four out of five Fleshbot staffers we discussed this with expressed some discomfort with the idea; as one of them put it, “Having someone whisper sweet nothings in my ear is one thing, but hearing my lover’s voice come out of my pussy while I’m trying to get off is just plain creepy.”

Your mileage, of course, may vary.

In 2000, I met this girl in Stamford, Connecticut, in a bar called Temple. To cut a long story short, there was no chemistry so when she asked me what I did, I played coy and eventually told her, with mock reluctance, that I designed sex toys and that my new project was a talking vibrator with the ability to download dirty talk from "our" website.

I guess this intrigued her enough to call me at my work number, which I had given her. As soon as the receptionist put her through, she said to me: "Wunderman...good name!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home