Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My 15 seconds of fame


On the CW, no less. I was on my way to work when I was accosted by this TV chick who wanted me to ask their resident doctor (Steve Salvatore, I believe his name was) on camera, whether muscle can turn into fat, given the right amount of inactivity. I had no idea my years of research into this field had attracted the attention of the television powers-tht-be, but it's nice to be recognized for one's pioneering vision, all the same. I handled my stint in front of the camera like a fish on a bicycle (in the sense of 'what a mismatch', not in the sense of 'wow, that fish has mad skillz yo!'). A couple of my friends (Greg and Betty--thanks for nuthin'!) tracked the clip down and sent me this still.

Since then, the offers have been pouring in. Please visit me at the Westchester window exhibition in Tullover, Westchester from April 19-21 where I'm pleased to lend my name and likeness to the fine folks from O'Malley's Glass Panes and French Doors.

PS It's true, the camera does add 28 pounds. But so did the double decker donut I inhaled the morning of that TV appearance. It'll be a miracle if I don't get a heart attack before the age of 40. Alright, enough typing...this sharp pain in my arm won't go away..

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

You gotta find the actual clip-you look like a real reporter in the still!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home