Friday, July 13, 2007

How well does the boss know me?


"No, he's still here because his book's still here. He'd leave without his jacket, his cigarettes or his sunglasses, but he wouldn't leave without his book."

A co-worker communicates my boss' words when he stopped by my desk last night, around 7:30 looking for me. I was, as he accurately, surmised, still around and yes, I wouldn't have left without my book.

But he's shit out of luck. I'm not above buying two copies of any book I'm reading and leaving one at my desk, at all times.

3 Comments:

Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

7elwa minnak.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

lol...I used to take a screen shot of my outlook inbox and then make it my desktop. I left my machine on even when I went home...kept the clock-watching boss on his toes. I would change the desktop every few weeks to some other application.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

I'm convinced if I had a cardboard cut out of myself, plopped it on my chair with my back to the world, it'd be a couple of months before anyone figured out I wasn't there..

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home