Friday, August 31, 2007

A Woman who went to Alaska


A Woman who went to Alaska, by May Kellogg Sullivan (1902) is available for free in a bunch of different formats from Manybooks. I love shit like this, probably because it combines my love of esoteric experiences and strong, unconventional women. Here's the blurb:

This unpretentious little book is the outcome of my own experiences and adventures in Alaska. Two trips, covering a period of eighteen months and a distance of over twelve thousand miles were made practically alone. In answer to the oft-repeated question of why I went to Alaska I can only give the same reply that so many others give: I wanted to go in search of my fortune which had been successfully eluding my grasp for a good many years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home