Friday, September 14, 2007

Ode to a Home






A nice surprise left by my landlord: this case of Carlsberg was in the fridge when I moved in. In fact, the flat was remarkably well stocked: tea, coffee, sugar, detergent, all kinds of cutlery, crockery, pots and pans, a vacuum cleaner, an ironing board and an iron. But the beer was the gesture that touched me the most..


"Plasma remorse". I really must be maturing if I'm set on returning a plasma TV to the store. There are many reasons why I don't need it: it's too expensive for me, it draws enough power to light up Times Square, it radiates enough heat to enrage Al Gore and it's big enough to double as the projection screen on the Starship Enterprise. Back to Curry's with you!

10 Comments:

Blogger Scarr said...

Alf bazouk. It's a good find. Kitchen particularly impressive, as is donation of beer.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

Thanks, it's comfy and modern, I just wish it was a better building in a prettier neighborhood.

But then, I wouldn't fit in, there.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Congrats! It's a smashing home!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Waleed said...

Looks good B. How many Fawltys can it take?

5:07 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

nice flat!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mabrook! it's lovely. in which 'hood?

2:28 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

cool place Fawlty,

cooler landlord!!!

Enjoy..

5:02 AM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

Carmen: Wicked capital, innit?

Waleed: two medium sized ones and a little one, I think. Get your ass over.

Jade and Cairogal: Cheers, birds!

Just a bint: Merci beaucoup! In the Royal London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, approximately 2 minutes walking from work.

12:05 PM  
Blogger laura said...

Looks great! It's always nice to find welcome gifts in a new home.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say leaving Astoria for Britain has done you well. Carmen and I will definitely have to come by and pay a visit.

Great looking Flat, Congrats!!!!

R!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home