Friday, June 02, 2006

I hate learning new things


I call it Contact Lens Syndrome. That's because when I first got contact lens, I was embarrassed about how long it took me to put them in properly. Especially if people are waiting for me. The way I deal with things like that is, I shut myself away from the world and spend hours trying to master that particular skill, only emerging when I've perfected it. Sort of like a buddhist, zen-like application to mastering a discipline. Only with more mundane, unimpressive, everyday things like swimming or sinking 20 foot jumpshots or putting on contact lens without appearing like a retard.

Anyways, I'm good at putting contact lens on, now. I just thought the blogosphere should be aware of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

when i first got mine, i had to go to the school nurse every day for a week to get her to put them in for me.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home