Sunday, August 27, 2006

Eureka Moment


I like to listen to music. That doesn't make me special. I also like to watch movies, especially at home. The problem is I sometimes get the urge to do both at the same time. It's odd, I know, but I'm watching a good movie and my thoughts drift to Fergie's "London Bridge" and I just feel like hearing it, right here, right now. But if I do, my enjoyment of both the movie and the song will be impaired, because I'll either miss out on the dialogue or the lyrics.

The solution came to me tonight: watch foreign films with subtitles! That way, I can turn the volume down in the movie, read the subtitles AND listen to the song [right now, I'm listening to Joyce Simms' "Come into my life"] at the same time.

Genius, isn't it? The quality of my life has increased by .0324%. Doesn't seem like much but any increment of quality life increase, in the twenty first century, is significant.

I'm insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home