Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Missing..


The sad truth is men and women can't be friends. And it isn't the sex thing, if that's what you're thinking. And if you're not thinking, give it a go before you write in and rip me a new one. It's some "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus" shit. It's an outlook thing, it's a linguistics thing, it's something I can't put my motherfrigging finger on. With a relationship, which is hard enough as it is, there's the sex to bring two people closer together and there's the siege mentality, us on the inside, the rest of the world on the outside. With friendship, it's like men and women do everything differently: expectations are different, reactions are different, things that piss us off are different.

I'm not saying they can't work. Just that the odds are against them panning out long term. Or, what I'm saying is they don't work out for me. That's just MY truth. I've got a couple of friends who are girls (Carmen and Riro) and they've both withstood the test of time: no drama, easy-going and clearly defined rules bind our relationship. Everyone else is cut off and I'm not even accepting new applications. In fact, even if I'm friendly with you, until we've been friends for five years, we're not friends, just acquaintances.

It's just too much motherfucking drama.

4 Comments:

Blogger N said...

Two per gender that can be called good friends is plenty.. don't you think?

Most of the poeple i know don't take more than a handful of friendship too much to heart..

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so...four more years? or does it not include cybertime?

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the only way it could work is when the two have zero attraction towards each other... and! the non attraction has to be mutual... trust me trust me trust me... some guys feign friendship for I don't know how long… then at ur most vulnerable, when u reach out because u really need your friend… they pounce on you that they liked you from hello and that they cant hold back their feelings any longer, soooo at your neediest moment ur friendship goes down the drain, just because the feeling was not MUTUAL...

8:32 AM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

Yeah, N. are more than plenty especially since they're both stellar girls and we've known each other for so long (12 years for one, 14 for the other) that romance isn't even a factor. That doesn't mean I'm not aware of how sexy they are but I value their friendship more than their undoubted hotness.

Forsooth: if anyone was going to have their application rushed through the system, it'd be you. But I have to follow the rules like everybody else:)

Isabelle: once you get to a certain age, lying becomes a waste of your valuable 30s:)

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home