Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"What, you gay and shit?"


I walked into a chinese restaurant for lunch today, ordered the Chow Mein Lunch special. The guy went to the back, prepared it, brought it out, added a coke into the bag and handed it to me. I took it and walked out...all without paying! I forgot and he forgot.

A couple of hours ago, I ordered some Thai, paid for it...and then realised that they only charged me for the salad, not the basil stirfry! That's over $12 they forgot to add on to the bill.

Initially, I was going to go back to the Chinese place and pay them...but now I'm not too sure. I can't keep running all over town, chasing absent-minded restauranteurs who seem to have forgotten the basic tenets of capitalism.

Oh, and I tried to stare a 14-year old gangster kid on my block, as I walked home. He sneered at me and said "What, you gay and shit?". I stared blankly at him, then walked away.

The world's on drugs today and I'm the only one with a clear head.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Basil, is that your current email on your profile? Gives me a bogus page. Just wanted to ask you if ou could send that song you have playing on your blog. Ta very much...

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home