Tuesday, March 06, 2007

She looks like a Nadine


This is the most esoteric of posts but it did lead me to surmise that perhaps some people are named based on their looks. You've heard people say "You don't look like a Sheila"...well, this story sort of proves it.

I went for an interview last year and met a recruiter named Nadine. When I stepped into her office...I had to do a double-take: I had known her name was Nadine but I wasn't prepared for her to look remarkably like my friend, also named Nadine! It really was astounding. Here's the recruiter's picture (I won't put up my own friend's picture, for privacy reasons).

My friend Nadine surfs through these pages occasionally, as does another friend who also knows Nadine. What do the two of you think? Am I losing my motherfucking mind?

4 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

Definitely look like a Nadine, but our Nadine is cuter!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...thanks, carmen. i have to agree with you. (kidding!) i do think she and i resemble each other, basil, esp in the smile. so no, you're not losing your mind...at least, not insofar as indicated by this post. :) miss and love you both.

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this and then sent an email to some friends. I asked:

"I read this dude's blog and today he posted this message… Does she look like me?"

The response I got:

"Lol. No, she doesn’t look like you at all. No way!"

I breathed a sigh of relief...

12:41 PM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

Yeah, but this is a company intranet photo. It doesn't even look like it's owner.

Trust me, this girl looks like you. I know better than you because I've seen your face for longer than you have (unless you spend hours in front of the mirror). She's a dead ringer and I feel fine about saying that, because you're both pretty girls.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home