Monday, September 03, 2007

Power Struggle


One of the bosses at my office in London is very comfortable in his position as the office clown. Which, as faithful readers will confirm, is MY job. Anyways, I did a good job being funny over a group lunch we had today (I loathe eating with people and cracking wise helps me relieve the intense boredom and disdain one feels in the company of morons) and now his resentment is becoming less and less veiled.

Bring it on, ass clown: I can entertain the troops, get shot at by insurgents, do my job AND kick your butt before lunch.

He doesn't stand a chance; everyone knows funny comes from being desperate, and he's nowhere near my level of desperation: he's Jewish, makes £70,000 a year, owns a Harley and has a girlfriend with legs that could traverse the M1 in two steps.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jester said...

He drives a Harley?! Kick his ass guvna!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

I'm going to beat his ass like it owes me money!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

wait...i don't feel desperate! though i feel funny sometimes. of course, my feelings could be wrong.

bet you his gf is only with him for the money.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

You're not funny. You're adorable and you have your moments, but you're certainly not funny.

Whatever he's paying her, I'll double it.

See, that was funny..

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home