Wednesday, October 26, 2005

New phobia revealed


People who know me, are aware of my three pet fears. I recently discovered another (minor) one, which is staring up at tall buildings makes me a little queasy (knees feel weak, lump in my throat, the works). Today, I discovered another one: oncomers. People heading towards me on a street.

I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. I hate veering right only to find they've veered to their left as well and the resulting dance-to-get-by ensues. It's not really a full-blown phobia but it is a concern. Another thing that I realised is that Manhattan is THE place to discover new phobias. It's such an intense experience on a daily basis (the sheer mass of humanity, the proximity, the amplified self-awareness) that you can't help but feel uncomfortable, at some point.

This place is going to burn me out. That said, I will NOT be seeing a shrink in the forseeable future.

I may not be very original but I'm no cliche, either.

1 Comments:

Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

dude, worse than cairo?

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home