Thursday, September 06, 2007

Homeless World Cup


Am I the only one who thinks the Homeless World Cup is kind of a bizarre idea? I mean, how about taking the money to organize it, sponsor it, give it the exposure it's getting...and using it to give the players a home?

Of course, once they get a home, they will cease to be homeless and the tournament will die..but isn't the point of this tournament to raise awareness about the plight of the homeless?

Also, from a football point of view, not sure how focused I would be if I had a late game. I mean, my mind would be on whether I could get to a bridge in time to find a cushy spot underneath.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now they are exploiting the homeless? Where does it end?! Maybe they'll unionize and refuse late games unless the organization has secured their overpasses for the night.
Maybe, just maybe, one of the players will get 'discovered' and before you know it, he's livin' the life of Beckham. Where is this thing anyway. I never heard of it.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home