Saturday, April 15, 2006

Moment of Clarity


Jay-Z may have said it first, but it's no less true for me right now: I feel in control of myself. I feel active and alive and I haven't felt like that in the past few months. Aside from the obvious assertion that it feels better to feel good than it does to feel lousy, I have another reason for feeling good about feeling good (confused? I was): I know I wasn't doing this to myself, this depression bullshit. It comes, it stays and it casts a shadow on everything I look at. Until it's gone, I'm hardly able to feel anything. Trying to make things better by going out or forcing yourself to do things, made me feel worse, because it reinforced all the negativity that I felt I was surrounded with. Now that it's lifting, I feel light and able...and very hungry, actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home