Friday, June 09, 2006

Disgraceful


He was an evil fuck, but this caption is disgraceful. I know it's popular here (or maybe, just lazy and racist) to believe that some people can be pure evil (Hitler is the banner example of that disturbing trend), but it's unseemly and ghoulish even, to revel in death like this. I guess dignity really is the rarest of traits. Zarqawi's no better than a serial killer and yet somehow, a serial killer gets to die without his beliefs, that his actions certainly didn't honour, aren't dragged through the mud.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

Totally agree. I was disgusted when I saw it.

2:38 AM  
Blogger programmer craig said...

How many times has he been on Al Jazeera sawing somebodies head off? Deal with it. We saw him kill. We deserve to see him dead, for what he did. Executions in the US are public events, so I'm not buying your comparison to the execution of murderers in America.

Why does there always have to be a "but" anyway? Why can't people just STOP before they get to the but part? As per Yoda "Say or do not Say. There is no but" ok?

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's because these particular beliefs ARE mud. Disgusting.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

Programmer Craig: I'm not objecting to showing him dead. I don't agree with it, but I accept it. The caption was vile and offensive to me.

Jen: All dogmatic teachings have their fanatics and their extremists, who latch on to the worst that it has to offer. Islam just happens to be the hated religion du jour.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home