Tuesday, June 20, 2006


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

8 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

This poem is what got me through those tough times in Barcelona :)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

oh no u didn't just quote that cheesy shit!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

Are you talking about the Frost poem or the Sunscreen poem, Forsooth? Frost isn't cheesy and what I noticed about the sunscreen poem is the line 'Live in New York but leave before it makes you hard'. Had never focused on that before and it's resonating more than ever.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

What's more, Forsooth, the sunscreen piece is about aging and when I first read it, I was in my twenties and I thought it was cheesy too. Things change as you get older, girl; remember that.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

i meant the frost poem, oh condescending one. stop fucking talking down to me. i fail to see how the acres of wisom you have accumulated have bettered your life in any way.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

That's because you think you have it all figured out, o pompous one, and it pisses me off.

I'll talk any fucking way I want to anyone I fucking well please. If you can't handle it, I'm sure there are a couple of other blogs that would treasure your own particular brand of insightful brattiness.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

tab toz feek ba2a. i won't read ur stupid blog anymore then.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Basil Epicurus said...

Alrght, I'm sorry. I'm an asshole:) Everyone knows that!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home