Saturday, September 23, 2006

I won't cry for you, Argentina


Because the truth is, I never left you. Even though I really don't like slow songs, I always thought this was a great tune. I wished somebody would make a version with a bit more zip. Madonna made a valiant but ultimately disappointing attempt. Sarah Brightman had a remix that had traces of Salsa and Latin percussion, that really worked, but not in the way that I had hoped. Just when I thought DCFMA was going to be consigned to the category 'Songs with great tunes that I don't like', the Immaculate Rendition appeared. After a little sleuthing at the club I was hanging in, I finally had my white whale.


DCFMA on the 'The Boris Midney Anthology' recorded by Festival is the penultimate version of this song. If you hear this is in a club, hit the dancefloor and just dive into its infectious, pseudo-military beat layered with that dulcet, honey-kissed voice, salmmed against a Xanadu-type disco melody of relentless energy. It's on iTunes..DOWNLOAD IT IMMEDIATELY.

I love my manic phase.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's the ultimate version of the song then?

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home